Friday, October 10, 2014

Caught in grief's riptide

Caught in grief's riptide

Caught in grief's riptide

Posted: 10 Oct 2014 12:41 PM PDT

"I don't think anyone is ready for grief. But when it hits you, it knocks you out cold," Jessica Dunne wrote after the sudden loss of her father.

'From the NICU to the moon'

Posted: 10 Oct 2014 12:35 PM PDT

A photo series "From the NICU to the Moon" imagines premature babies in future professions with a series of imaginative doodles.

Imagining preemies' bright futures

Posted: 10 Oct 2014 07:40 AM PDT

Microsoft CEO's gender gaffe

Posted: 10 Oct 2014 12:39 PM PDT

I couldn't quite believe my eyes when I read the initial comments from Microsoft's CEO on how women who don't ask for raises will receive "good karma." What? Is this 2014 or 1954?

Caught in grief's riptide

Posted: 10 Oct 2014 05:22 AM PDT

"I don't think anyone is ready for grief. But when it hits you, it knocks you out cold." CNN's Jessica Dunne on the impact of the sudden loss of a parent.

Girl's angry letter to retailer goes viral

Posted: 10 Oct 2014 07:40 AM PDT

A 12-year-old girl called Dick's Sporting Goods out on its lack of female athletes in the Basketball 2014 catalog.

Mom: I quit competitive parenting

Posted: 09 Oct 2014 09:42 AM PDT

A mother and a blogger explains why she stopped worrying about what other moms thought about her parenting skills.

The problem with 'thug' cuisine

Posted: 10 Oct 2014 02:51 PM PDT

Author and activist Bryant Terry talks about the complicated racial politics behind the 'Thug Kitchen' website and cookbook.

Why Microsoft CEO's 'karma' gaffe is worrisome for women

Posted: 10 Oct 2014 12:38 PM PDT

Girl, 12, calls Dick's Sporting Goods out on sexist catalogs

Posted: 10 Oct 2014 07:34 AM PDT

Mom: I quit competitive parenting

Posted: 09 Oct 2014 09:42 AM PDT

Mental illness: Time to break the taboo

Posted: 10 Oct 2014 04:48 AM PDT

350 million people around the world suffer from depression. Why aren't we talking about it?