Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Summer in Minnesota

Summer in Minnesota

Summer in Minnesota

Posted: 17 Sep 2014 09:21 AM PDT

View full HD with Audio version at https://vimeo.com/106360618

In this video you will see images that I had taken throughout the entire state. From the Plains to the Iron Range to the Metropolitan area. I spent countless hours setting up, taking shots and waiting for the right times. All in all the images that I used to create this short video combined to be about 1.2 Terabytes of content and over 8,000 photos.

I used primarily my Nikon D600 with multiple lenses specialized for landscape and night time photography

Bringing beauty to the rest of the world is my goal and always will be

Odile's Kiss

Posted: 17 Sep 2014 05:48 AM PDT

The first kiss from Odile as seen off the shores of the Sea of Cortez from Puerto Peñasco, (Rocky Point), Sonora Mexico. The dance begins.

Zodiac Heads

Posted: 16 Sep 2014 11:21 PM PDT

Ai Weiwei exhibition in front of Adler Planetarium in Chicago.

Directed by Mike Dimittoff

The King fire grows

Posted: 16 Sep 2014 02:30 PM PDT

The King fire located near near Pollock Pines, CA, triple in size over the last 24 hours. It is now over 11,000 acres in size and is growing by the hour. I am a firefighter that took pictures from inside the fire.

Rumbling At Mount Mayon

Posted: 16 Sep 2014 02:17 PM PDT

I'm standing approximately 1 mile from the smoking Mount Mayon. Over the past hour we have been noticing an increase in ash streaming from the crater which has just recently formed. It now appears that a side vent has formed and what looks like lava is flowing from it. We have also noted that the ground is shaking or rumbling much more than even 1 hour ago. A few of us have noticed some rock slides occurring over the last 15 minutes. We have made the decision to move farther from the volcano at this time. Will send more updates if possible.

The first light

Posted: 16 Sep 2014 07:13 AM PDT

I've always been fascinated by rice terraces and that day I decided to stay overnight to catch the sunrise. I was amazed to see the light slowly revealed Mount Agung, the higest mountain in Bali and it was very beautiful.

Treacherous beauty

Posted: 16 Sep 2014 05:51 AM PDT

The world's perfect cone may erupt within weeks as Philvocs declares that the volcano is on alert level 3.

Must Knows about Islam

Posted: 15 Sep 2014 12:10 PM PDT

My name is Marwa. I am a Muslim, and this is what I want the world to know about Islam:

- That "Islam" literally means surrender: to surrender to the Creator.

- That Prophet Muhammad was sent by God to all mankind.

- That "Allah" is the One True God; the God of Jews, Christians, and Muslims.

- That often people fail to distinguish between Islam and culture/tradition.

- To not judge Islam by individuals. Read the Qur'an and learn about the life of Prophet Muhammad.

- That haters gonna hate.

- That you, me, and every person is responsible before God for seeking the truth in this life.

Senator Hillary Clinton Leaving the Stage

Posted: 15 Sep 2014 11:17 AM PDT

Senator Hillary Clinton leaving the stage to greet the crowd at the 37th Harkin Steak Fry in Indianola, Iowa.