Thursday, August 14, 2014

THE MISSING CHIBOK SCHOOLGIRLS

THE MISSING CHIBOK SCHOOLGIRLS

THE MISSING CHIBOK SCHOOLGIRLS

Posted: 14 Aug 2014 12:39 AM PDT

DAY 121...

100+ DAYS...Since Over 200 Chibok School Girls Were Abducted From Their School Hostel By Boko Haram Terrorists and Are Still Being Held In Captivity.

#BringBackOurGirls

A special selfie with Robin Williams

Posted: 13 Aug 2014 07:12 PM PDT

I met Robin Williams in Beverly Hills in 1999. The encounter happened outside of Spago, the famous restaurant owned by the great Wolfgang Puck. When I saw Robin I looked around for someone to take a picture of us. Robin sensing that nobody was offering to take our picture, said, "Here, Chief," grabbed my camera and snapped my first selfie with a star. You can see my delight and amusement captured in that special moment. What happened next was even more special. A man whom appeared to be homeless approached Robin and asked for help. This was before TMZ and the ever present video camera. Robin could have ignored the man but he didn't. He reached into his pocket and gave the man some money with a smile and humility that I will never forget. I was fortunate to capture this moment on film. I look at these photos often and always smile remembering my first selfie and a man whose heart was as big as his talent.

Flooded Sunrise Highway Islip NY

Posted: 13 Aug 2014 03:14 PM PDT

Flash flood

Sunrise Highway Islip NY

Posted: 13 Aug 2014 01:38 PM PDT

Historic Flash Flood

Robin Williams Fans Honor Him on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Posted: 13 Aug 2014 12:51 PM PDT

As I stood taking pictures, more and more fans were bringing flowers and taking time to honor Robin Williams early this morning.

Many years ago I worked in marketing for Motion Pictures for Disney and worked on the movie "Good Morning Vietnam". It was an exciting time.

Rest in Peace.

Carpe Per Diem

Posted: 13 Aug 2014 12:24 PM PDT

For four glorious months, I had the extreme privilege to work with Robin Williams. I was in the midst of one of the most terribly sad and depression laden times of my life when I got the call to work on Dead Poet's Society. It was a miracle and a dream come true and I jumped on it and Seized the Day.
Robin and I were two of a kind and connected immediately like soul mates. Robin GOT me and I GOT him...we were both ADHD, Class clowns, lived our lives like open books yet suffer from the devastating illness of depression. We had many fun moments together and a few deep conversations. He complimented me on my new haircut out of the blue and I think I blushed a thousand shades of red. It was such a kind gesture and one that made me feel like I was suddenly reborn into the person maybe I was meant to be. Perhaps that sounds silly and girlish, but I was confused and lost and unsure of my place on this planet.
So, one day, on the set of Dead Poets, we were outside waiting to get lunch from a chow wagon. I turned around to see him in line behind me, and wondering why he was getting food from the wagon with the crew, so I said to him..."man if I could Carpe your Per Diem I would be at the Hotel DuPont having my lunch! He just about died laughing on my impulsive play on words from the movie script and never forgot it! He cajoled and joked with me for the rest of our time together on the set. He continued to use that line in his shows and made variations on it. I ended up having a Tshirt made for him with the Carpe PER Diem on it and gave it to him for Christmas at our cast and crew holiday party. He KISSED me..yes...in front of everyone. I think I may have passed out...I am just heartbroken at the loss of this beautiful soul. I pray for his family, especially his kids. I feel like I lost a big, caring brother who used to look out for me at one time and made me feel like the luckiest girl alive when I was going through such a hard time in my life. I wish I could have talked to him and let him know all these things and how much he meant to me and made me feel special and alive. Such sad irony.
So now I have had a day or two now to cry many many tears and reflect why I am so incredibly sad. Robin seemed so comfortable with me and me with him. It was though we knew...we just knew...both of us were in the same dark place yet both loved nothing more than to bring joy and laughter to people., but it was so difficult to be good to ourselves. Another time we had lunch together on set with Kurtwood Smith and another actor. I was sitting alone and they came over to join me! We talked about families and life in general and how my crazy life would make an Oscar winning film if ever written.
And just today, I was reminded, by another friend who happens to be on the road to fame himself, that our special time together is forever immortalized in cement with my "carpe per diem" quote we shared along side his and his then wife Marsha's and kids Zelda and Zak's handprints.
I am saddened we never got to re-connect. I wish I could have told his kids the story behind the quote with their handprints. Robin literally saved my life when he chose, out of the goodness of his heart, to stop what he was doing and be my friend when I struggled to be a friend to myself.
I am at a loss to understand why he had to leave us, but yet, unfortunately, I totally "get it." Rest in Peace Robin. Carpe Dios:)

Lauren Bacall

Posted: 13 Aug 2014 11:52 AM PDT

No one can deny that Lauren Bacall was a first class lady. She gave her audience seven decades of acting on stage and the big screen.

She passed on August 12, 2014 in New York City. Rest in Peace Miss Bacall.

Photo by Marie Sager 2014

Visiting the troops!

Posted: 13 Aug 2014 10:46 AM PDT

Robin Williams visited Pakistan during his USO tour, and did a meet and greet with over 700 airmen and soldiers deployed during Operation Enduring Freedom in 2002. He was such a nice, and warmed hearted man.

THE MISSING CHIBOK SCHOOLGIRLS

Posted: 13 Aug 2014 12:50 AM PDT

DAY 120...

120 DAYS...Since Over 200 Chibok School Girls Were Abducted From Their School Hostel By Boko Haram Terrorists and Are Still Being Held As Captives.

#BringBackOurGirls

THE MISSING CHIBOK SCHOOLGIRLS

Posted: 12 Aug 2014 12:29 AM PDT

DAY 119...

100+ DAYS...Since Over 200 Chibok School Girls Were Abducted From Their School Hostel By Boko Haram Terrorists and Are Still Being Held As Captives.

#BringBackOurGirls

Detroit Flooding

Posted: 11 Aug 2014 10:56 PM PDT

Hi My name is Glauber Cabral I am from Pontiac, MI. I took this pictures this afternoon they are from Interstate 75 close to 7 mile in Detroit. Thank you