Sunday, August 10, 2014

August supermoon

August supermoon

Posted: 10 Aug 2014 12:09 PM PDT

Supermoon in Bosnia

Tropical Supermoon

Posted: 10 Aug 2014 10:09 AM PDT

This picture was taken after a long day at the beach on vacation. Supermoon rising over Treasure Island Grand Cayman.

Cayman Supermoon

Posted: 10 Aug 2014 10:06 AM PDT

I got up this morning to capture the Supermoon set. I happen to be on vacation in the Grand Cayman so I decided to go to a popular local beach called Smith Cove.
This panoramic is a stitch of ten images. Each image is was taken at thirty second exposure.

Moon over RiverFront Ft. LAUD, FL

Posted: 10 Aug 2014 09:24 AM PDT

Moon over RiverFront Ft. LAUD, FL

Super Moon Sunset

Posted: 10 Aug 2014 07:39 AM PDT

Panoramic view of the sunset in Daytona Beach, Florida with thunderstorms behind it and the moon.

August 9th Full Moon

Posted: 10 Aug 2014 07:33 AM PDT

This is a shot of August 9th Full Moon as converted from RAW to JPG without edits. The moon was begging to be photographed tonight while I was at a local racetrack taking action shots of 14-18 year old 4-wheel & 600cc races. The July "Super-Moon" was elusive to me due to heavy cloud cover, but I will be out again tonight to capture this unique phenomenon.

iPhone Photo of Super Moon is Bigger Than Life

Posted: 09 Aug 2014 10:50 PM PDT

I took this, and a few dozen other, photos of the Super Moon with an iPhone 5 through a friend's telescope. It was initially tricky to get the focus right, but the photos turned out amazing.

August Supermoon in Dallas