Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Severe winds wreak havoc with power lines in Newark, NJ

Severe winds wreak havoc with power lines in Newark, NJ

Severe winds wreak havoc with power lines in Newark, NJ

Posted: 09 Jul 2014 09:48 AM PDT

On the night of July 8th, severe winds that blew across Newark, N.J. wreaked havoc with power lines that are tangled in tree branches. Many residents were left without power for hours.

Chao Phraya River

Posted: 09 Jul 2014 08:30 AM PDT

Tour boat ride in Bangkok

Close Call from lightning strike while we were standing outside

Posted: 09 Jul 2014 04:12 AM PDT

My husband and I were standing on front porch late yesterday evening when a lightning strike hit by us and my friend and neighbor directly across the street , Molly Hall happen to be filming the rain and caught it all on video. It was like an explosion.
We were knocked into our front door and I Only suffered a broken front tooth. Is there a place I can send this to you ? Here is a screen shot of the explosion. Our house is what's lit up. Carla & Kurt Glick, Tullahoma, TN

Rally in Jerusalem aginst violence

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 02:35 PM PDT

Rally in Jerusalem aginst violence yesterday

A Tale of Two Sisters

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 10:20 AM PDT

Once upon a time - December 2, 1967 to be exact - two sisters, Carmen and Maria, went to the chapel and got married. They became engaged to their future spouses within close proximity to each other and thus decided to have a double wedding. Naturally, their marriages have not been the stuff of fairy tales and happily ever after. Still, both couples have fought the good fight and remain married to this date. They have five children (I am blessed to be one of them) and five grandchildren between them. Today Carmen (pictured on the right in the first photo) is caretaker to her husband who suffered a debilitating stroke in June of 2012 and Maria battles multiple myeloma, valiantly I might add, since 2008. Two sisters - beautiful on their wedding day - even more beautiful today.

Many Facets of Qatar

Posted: 07 Jul 2014 09:46 AM PDT

Qatar is a place with many modern attractions/buildings, but still has that old world charm.
Qatar has large beautiful malls that offer moderate to high end shopping, indoor ice skating, a ride in a gondola, and more. While visiting, I had the opportunity of shopping in the old souks. These are old markets where you can barter with the shop keepers. You will find everything from clothing to spices.
Smell the aroma of fresh spices, see the beauty in the old lanterns, taste the humus, a fresh date, kabobs, or many of the other dishes. Afterwards relax, taste and smell the Hookah aroma in the air.
While I may be partial to shopping, there are many other things to see and do in Qatar. Visit a museum, take a ride out on a boat, ride the dunes, swim in the clear aqua colored gulf, ride a camel or as I prefer, shop for pearls, or that special piece of jewelry. The people are friendly and are modernizing more every day.

Sheikh Zayed Grand mosque in Abu Dhabi

Posted: 06 Jul 2014 12:32 AM PDT

It was Oct 22, 2013 when I visit this place. I was returning from India (Home Country) to Mexico by Emirates. It was short 3 days visit to Dubai & Abu Dhabi. I like Photography. I like Sheikh Zayed Grand mosque in Abu Dhabi for its Architectural beauty & Religious value. I like Taj Mahal (India) But this place is at par with Taj Mahal. I wish that one day again i will visit Abu Dhabi & Qatar (Add On) again. I will never forget this my 4 days 3 Nights trip.