Monday, July 14, 2014

Buenos Aires Post-World Cup Riot

Buenos Aires Post-World Cup Riot

Buenos Aires Post-World Cup Riot

Posted: 14 Jul 2014 08:02 AM PDT

Riot police used tear gas and water cannons to disperse a group of rock-throwing vandals who disturbed a rally by Argentines celebrating their team's gutsy performance in a 1-0 loss to Germany in the World Cup finals. Part II with unwatermarked images

Buenos Aires Post-World Cup Riot

Posted: 14 Jul 2014 06:17 AM PDT

Supermoon NYC-Style

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 11:20 PM PDT

Living in NYC, I am always craving some nature; I don't get enough. So I often look to the evening and nighttime skies to get my fix. I realized that Manhattanhenge and the supermoon were happening on the same nights in July, so I was excited about capturing them.

I photographed the supermoon two nights in a row, July 11 and July 12. The first night, after photographing Manhattanhenge in the western sky, I turned in the other direction to see the moon rising in the east. I shot the moon from the east village as I walked home to my apartment.

The second night I decided to change locations. I often bike down the West Side Highway path at night, and always admire the beautiful view of midtown. I always wanted to photograph the moon rising up over midtown. The timing was right with this supermoon, so I waited for it to rise above the buildings, and it delivered.

Supermoon - Las Vegas, Nevada

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 07:21 PM PDT

Photo of the SuperMoon - Las Vegas, Nevada - Giant pain in the you-know-what to take a picture of the moon!

Clear Lake Supermoon

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 06:20 PM PDT

The July 12, 2014 "supermoon" rising over Clear Lake located near the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.

Super moon

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 06:05 PM PDT

super moon snap taken @10 pm in Bothell, a suburb in Seattle...

Super Moon over the Dunes

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 05:47 PM PDT

This is a picture of the July 2014 super moon taken from the deck of our beach house in Corolla, NC in the Outer Banks.

Super Moon over San Diego

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 04:55 PM PDT

I became interested in Astrophotography after looking at all the beautiful pictures people were submitting. Here is my view of the Super Moon over San Diego, CA.

Supermoon

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 03:08 PM PDT

Taken over the Columbia River Gorge, near Portland, OR

Supermoon 3:30AM EST Dover, NH

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 12:47 PM PDT

My wife was babysitting our grand children, so I was a bachelor 7/11 into 7/12. Most bachelors for a night go to bed at 3:00 AM. I went to bed at 9:00 EST and woke up at 3:00AM 7/14. Took our dog Reggie for a walk and saw the beautiful sight of the Supermoon. Took out my Canon SX50 point and shoot with that 50X zoom and took this picture hand held. at 62, I was thankful for steady hands and image stabilization!!!!

Patience rewards a Supermoon!

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 12:59 AM PDT

Our Toy Fox Terrier "Sake" patiently watches the rising Supermoon over Las Vegas on July 12, 2014

Shot with a Canon 5DMK3 and a Sigma 70-200mm lens.  Processed in Adobe Lightroom.  My wife Aimée stands off camera with treats!

Supermoon over Bay Area, California

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 12:14 AM PDT

A beautiful view of the supermoon from Dublin Ranch, California tonight.

Super Moon, July 12, 2014

Posted: 12 Jul 2014 10:32 PM PDT

A jet bisects the Super Moon of July 12, 2014. Shot in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains outside of Nevada City, California.

A beautiful morning at Nagin Lake, Kashmir

Posted: 12 Jul 2014 12:32 PM PDT

One of the most beautiful lake in the valley of kashmir, Nagin lake is part of the famous dal lake seperated by a causeway. Home to multiple houseboat, A morning view from houseboat is nothing but heavenly

Crooked Galaxy

Posted: 12 Jul 2014 10:56 AM PDT

Shot this around midnight in Mauna Kea, HI.