Sunday, June 29, 2014

Down Pour in St. Paul Minnesota!

Down Pour in St. Paul Minnesota!

Down Pour in St. Paul Minnesota!

Posted: 28 Jun 2014 10:37 PM PDT

I'm praying for all of us humans to see the weather improve! Too much is going on in the world. Father Of Heaven and Earth I pray for Your Glorious Mercies to be placed upon all of us that are experiencing severe weather and difficulties in this life. Please help us stay strong against satan  and his demons.

Sincerely,
Carla O.
Children of a God Almighty

Single mom....by choice :)

Posted: 28 Jun 2014 09:30 PM PDT

I am a 38 year old who decided to have a baby on my own after I reached my early 30's and was not seriously dating anyone. I figured I could meet someone eventually, but wasn't sure I would always have the time to have a baby. I always knew I wanted to be a mother, and by then my career was in place and I had bought a home. After what turned out to be a long fertility battle, I was able to finally become pregnant using donor embryos from an anonymous couple at my fertility clinic. My daughter was conceived by this couple in 2007 and was a five day old embryo when I 'adopted' her. She is what fertility doctors refer to as a "snowflake baby". She was "thawed" in 2010 and a miracle occured...I got pregnant and stayed pregnant! My little girl is now three years old, and the light of my life. I struggle at times with being a working mom, but we have a strong network of family and friends and we're blessed. I still hope someday to meet someone so she can have a solid male role model, but if that doesn't happen, she's got a wonderful village of people who love her, and I take great comfort in this.

Mexico City's LGBT community storms Zocalo

Posted: 28 Jun 2014 08:57 PM PDT

The LGBT community in Mexico City came out in force to demand fair treatment in one of the largest cities in the world. Thousands gathered at the Zocalo, the city's historic downtown area, to "show Mexico that there are more of us than they think."

Tiger Cubs Born in Maine

Posted: 28 Jun 2014 01:40 PM PDT

On June 8th three tiger cubs were born at D.E.W. Animal Kingdom in Mt. Vernon Maine. These are the first tiger cubs ever born in the state and two of the three cubs (male) are white like their mother Makeena and the third (female) is the traditional color like their father Triton.

Petrol shortage hits Ghana.

Posted: 28 Jun 2014 04:22 AM PDT

There has been sever petrol shortage in Ghana for more than a week. Commuters have to struggle for hours unending to get something to move to work.

Whale Tails in Quebec, Canada

Posted: 27 Jun 2014 01:56 PM PDT

Just a few hours north of Quebec City, some of the best whale-watching opportunities can be enjoyed, where the mouth of the Saguenay Fjord and the mighty St. Lawrence meet near the town of Tadoussac. What makes this place so unique is the fact that such a wide variety of marine mammals can be found in a river system. The mixture of fresh water from the Saguenay and St. Lawrence, salt water from the Atlantic tides, and underwater geology that pushes large quantities of food to the surface, make this a unique destination for humpback, minke, beluga, fin, and even blue whales, in addition to many seals. Pictured here is a humpback whale showing off its fluke (tail) before diving for food.

Two Lions Saved These Divers From a Close Encounter With a Great White Shark

Posted: 27 Jun 2014 10:29 AM PDT

We're so fortunate to live in a world that offers travel on every level. Literally.
We can hike majestic mountains, languish in cool Redwood forests, soar into billowing clouds, and dive into the exciting waters of our oceans and rivers. Recently,  two spear fishermen, Mike and Tony, traveled from Florida to South Carolina to hunt for Lion Fish, which are rapidly breeding and ravenously destroying all marine life along our southeastern coast.

Facebook is full of photos of divers' swollen limbs after they received the painful sting by one of those 13 venomous spines you see.
Tony, the diver on the right and the Captain of the boat, had just speared two Lion Fish and turned around to find himself staring in the face of a Great White.
He's been diving for over 20 years, so shark encounters aren't uncommon but this one was just a bit too close for comfort he said. Immediately, he held up the two Lions in front of the sharks face.
Though the Lions typically weigh only a few pounds, even an enormous Great White knows better than to challenge the deadly spines of that fish, he says.
Immediately, the shark turned around and swam away.
"And I lived to dive another day," grinned the grateful Tony.

Hiding in plain sight

Posted: 27 Jun 2014 09:46 AM PDT

For the last 16 years I have been living in US. 15 and a half as an undocumented immigrant.
Different than the stereotype of the usual "ilegal immigrant" I don't look spanish, I speak good english and I have a regular job... well, I am a TV producer.

For years I have worked as a cameraman/editor/producer. I have had legal access to various high profile events, visited the White House several times (even the oval office) and all the perks that my job have proportioned.

It is a great honor being able to cover these stories and witness history as a journalist in USA but reality hits back every time you think that a simple police stop could take away everything you have built on this great country.

After years of hard work I was able to start my own tv production company. My company employs 10 people, who work full time as graphic designers, engineers, technicians, etc. We also own and operate a full HD television production truck designed for sports coverage. On the past months we were able to broadcast games for major networks like CBS Sports, Comcast, etc.

Would they hire me if they knew? Well, the funny thing is that if they do so, they are not doing anything wrong! My company is a legal LLC company in the sate of Maryland. We pay taxes, works comp, etc.

The fact is that the USA has provided us legal ways to live a good part of the american dream. The part were we can generate jobs, revenue, taxes by legally creating a business. The only problem is that eventually it could be taken away. Operating a legal business means nothing when you personally live here iligally.

It would be bad for both me and USA.

The USA would loose a good well stablished company, a few well paid jobs, some taxes from all of us... me on the other hand would loose everything I have been building for 16 years. Looking at it this way, it is hard to find the motivation to keep going.

Sure, I cannot forget that I am the one responsible for being here illegally and ultimately it would be my responsibility to assume the consequences of my decisions.The sad part is that on this story no one really needs to loose anything.

I sure hope for the day I will not need to hide anymore.

Living with the weight of the unknown has kept many people like me unable to show how proud we are to be here. We are proud of this country and we wait for the day that we don't need to hide it anymore.