Monday, May 5, 2014

soft soled moccasins

soft soled moccasins

soft soled moccasins

Posted: 05 May 2014 11:56 AM PDT

My choice of flexible, comfortable footwear for use indoors or outdoors for casual city life style - the soft soled moccasins. Traditional tribal crafted shoes are ideal choices for low risk healthy maintenance of the feet. They are also durable and stylish.

Photos for Erin Schwantner essay

Posted: 05 May 2014 07:18 AM PDT

Photos for Erin Schwantner essay on CNN.com

2014 Kentucky Derby Hats

Posted: 04 May 2014 12:21 PM PDT

Here are a few of the hats that I captured in the infield of Churchill Downs for the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby.

It was a perfect day in the infield. in the mid 70's with a breeze.

facebook.com/JohnMcgrawPhotography

@JMcGrawPhotog

Early morning sky accross the Kalutara Lagoon.

Posted: 04 May 2014 02:46 AM PDT

The Sunrise as seen from Kalidor, Kalutara, Sri Lanka. Famous Kalutara Bodhiya forms the backdrop to this capture taken just before the Sunrise

Cinco De Mayo Family Festival in Victorville, CA

Posted: 03 May 2014 08:45 PM PDT

Victorville, CA - The 41st annual Cinco de Mayo Family Festival lined the lake at Victor Valley College on Saturday, May 3rd 2014 as traditional Mexican folk music including a Mariachi band, dancers, food and games. Fun for the whole family.

Shattered windshield at 38,000

Posted: 03 May 2014 10:16 AM PDT

Atlanta to Las Angeles Delta flight 110. Pressure caused the outer windshield to arch then shatter. Calm pilots landed us in Albuquerque 15 minutes late. Please ecxuse phone typos

Bear Cub BITES 14 students at Washington University

Posted: 03 May 2014 06:38 AM PDT

Boo Boo the bear cub is scheduled to be euthanized as a result of bitings at Washington University campus in Saint Louis, Missouri.

A Bird's Nest of Olympic Proportions

Posted: 02 May 2014 01:14 PM PDT

Like millions of other people, the first time I saw Bird's Nest Stadium (officially known as Beijing National Stadium), was during the opening ceremonies of the 2008 Summer Olympics.

In 2009, I got the opportunity to see it in person and it was nothing short of being a a very unconventional looking, yet strikingly beautiful building. The building is glass and steel but its design evokes something that is very much organic in nature - the nest of a bird.

At a glance, it appears that structural beams go every which way but straight—the building slants at an odd angle and the roof curves at very soft angles. It can be hard to tell where the functional part of the structure begins. It wasn't until I glimpsed inside the glass covered portions, that I saw all the elements of a stadium—it's just the exterior that is so different. Unfortunately, the stadium was closed so I did not have the chance to go inside.

To complete the look, the ground lamps that light up the sidewalks around the stadium all have gray metal lampshades in the form of a bird's nest - mimicking the larger structure.

Handmade Edgar Allan Poe Flats

Posted: 01 May 2014 07:51 PM PDT

These are my favorite flats. I love how unique they are. I designed them myself and I love being able to wear art on my shoes! Flats are my go-to shoe. They match everything and they're always so comfortable!