Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Churches & Cathedrals Around the World: St. Petersburg

Churches & Cathedrals Around the World: St. Petersburg

Churches & Cathedrals Around the World: St. Petersburg

Posted: 09 Apr 2014 11:01 AM PDT

Various churches from various trips between 2008 - 2011.

The pictures in order of posting:

1: Notre Dame Cathedral / Montreal QB, Canada

2. Sistine Chapel / The Vatican, Rome

3. Uspenski Cathedral / Helsinki, Finland

4. Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church / Berlin

5. Silver Church Steeple / Quebec City QB, Canada

6. Ridderholmen / Stockholm, Sweden

7. St. Mary's Church / Krakow, Poland

8. St. Basil's Cathedral / Moscow

9. Church of the Spilled Blood / St. Petersburg, Russia

10. Hallgrimskirkja / Reykjavik, Iceland

Neal Moore Canoes the Mississippi: Delta photo for Bourdain

Posted: 09 Apr 2014 10:57 AM PDT

2009 text:

Neal Moore Canoes the Mississippi (CNN iReport)

I've been at this now for going on five months... my quest to canoe the Mississippi River from the source at Lake Itasca, Minnesota, to New Orleans. Here we have some random footage - both video and still shots - shot en route. Am planning to make the French Quarter's Riverwalk steps Tuesday, December 1st, between 4pm and 5pm, if the weather cooperates. Here's to adventure!

Blog: http://www.flashriversafari.com

Foundation: http://www.creativevisions.org

iReport: http://www.ireport.com/ir-topic-stories.jspa?topicId=321427

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mooreneal

Las Vegas trip 2009: Bellagio fountain

Posted: 09 Apr 2014 10:53 AM PDT

These are photos of our Las Vegas trip in 2009. had a great time taking photos. (reupload)

Chicago public art

Posted: 09 Apr 2014 10:51 AM PDT

Photo by Instagram user @mkochar

Protests in Mostar - longer video

Posted: 09 Apr 2014 08:00 AM PDT

Citizens of Bosnia-Herzegovina are on the streets for 59 days, fighting for social justice and against corruption. Today in Mostar they made performance called 'Berlin wall has fallen, and Mostar wall will fall'. Mostar is divided city and protesters are surrounded with high number of police forces in order to intimidate citizens and to prevent social unrest. Some protesters were beaten and jailed, some received criminal charges, but citizens continue to gather every day on 'no man's land' in the center of Mostar to express their dissatisfaction with present political, economic and social situation in Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Protests in Mostar

Posted: 08 Apr 2014 01:36 PM PDT

Chetham's Library

Posted: 08 Apr 2014 01:12 PM PDT

Chetham's Library is the oldest public library in the English speaking world. It was founded in 1653 and its collection still grows with ephemera, diaries, letters, and other media. Although the library is surrounded by the private campus of Chetham's School of Music, it is open for visitors, who must ask for permission to enter at the front gate of the school.

Obama's Compromises Lead to a 42% Approval Rating? Who's Left That Approves?

Posted: 08 Apr 2014 11:58 AM PDT

President Obama has a 42% approval rating. When you try to please both sides, you end up pleasing no one.
Obama's made a critical misjudgment which has left many progressives shaking their heads and Democratic mid-term candidates worried.
Does Obama know that he'll never get approval from the Right? Ever?
Yet we see him constantly court their favor as he disses the progressive and labor movements.
Progressives feel 'taken for granted'. Obama appears to have fully embraced the 'Washington Consensus despite what he says he's in favor of for the middle class, he has used the GOP as spoilers while working to cut middle class programs in the name of 'getting something done."
Workers would rather see nothing done than what this president has done in the name of accomplishing something.
Instead, Obama appears to take his orders from the International Monetary Fund's Christine Lagarde and the World Bank rather than circumstances facing the U.S. middle class.
The U.S. policy makers, both Democrats and Republicans, have been allowing the out sourcing of American jobs, and manufacturing so that the rest of the World can be brought up to America's level.
Our lifestyles and living standards are being given to India, China, and other developing countries while we do without here in the U.S.
This is the New World Order many fear and it's hiding right in plain sight as we're sold out by both parties of big business.
The IMF is a believer in the Washington Consensus too.
But they don't take into consideration people's needs. All they are interested in is a balanced budget and a World without tariffs for the international corporations.
Capital already seeks the highest return in places that offer the lowest wages or regulations and protections for workers.
Workers aren't a factor in the IMF's view of our World. In fact, workers are no more than fixtures and the poor are just a nuisance and unnecessary expense.
Start taking a stand for what's correct and you'll regain the 20% in approval you lost when the Liberal side of your support left you, Mr. President.

Rwanda Through My Eyes

Posted: 08 Apr 2014 10:21 AM PDT

I traveled through Rwanda 3 years ago. I am not showing you photos of the mass graves or the treble images which accompany what happened to the country over twenty years ago. What I am showing you is the better parts of Rwanda. The wildlife, the people in the villages, the farmers and the life which has happened after the dark period of the country.

I would recommend traveling to Rwanda. Stay away from the border areas and you will experience one of the most interesting countries in Africa. Rich in people and culture, it is a treat from the more commercialized parts of the continent.

A ring of cloud and rainbow surrounded the sun.

Posted: 08 Apr 2014 05:32 AM PDT

Captured few minutes ago. Nnochiri Okwuchi, Nigeria.

My nerdy family

Posted: 07 Apr 2014 06:18 PM PDT

This photo of my family was taken when we just moved to Florida from New York. The bows in my mother's and sister's hair & my red bow tie and horn-rimmed glasses epitomize the look of the 60's. A large selection of photos featuring the styles & cultures of the 60's can be found on my website www.groovypix.com .

Miley Cyrus cancels Charlotte tour date.

Posted: 07 Apr 2014 04:40 PM PDT

Girls cry after Miley Cyrus cancels Charlotte tour date.

Very proud of you.

Posted: 07 Apr 2014 02:21 PM PDT

Our 3 youngest sons have all chosen to serve their county and are all on active duty at the same time. We are so proud of you and love you all very much. Thank you so much SSGT Kyle, SGT Jacob and now PFC Cory Combs. Love, Mom and Dad

"Carlos!"

Posted: 07 Apr 2014 10:11 AM PDT

I saw Carlos in busy Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, Sunday. He is very friendly and lives at the Stop1 food market at 606 Brighton Ave.
He will come right up to you if you call his name. He loves to be petted but when the EL goes by over head or a fire truck passes by he runs back inside to his spot, a hutch dug out under the counter. I hope to see Carlos again. He is one smart gato, and very handsome.
In the last picture of the food mart, if you look to the bottom right of the doorway you will see Carlos in his safe hutch dug out.
Thank you.
April, 7, 2103.

My Army Soldier

Posted: 07 Apr 2014 07:35 AM PDT

I want to wish a Happy 20th Birthday to my only child, my son, Pvt. Andrew Keith Morgan. Andrew is currently serving in the US Army stationed at Ft. Riley, Kansas. I cannot wish him a Happy Birthday on the actual day April 13th as he is on a 30 day training mission, with no outside contact. I just want everyone to know how proud I am of him and all our Military personnel. We lost Andrew's Dad 4 years ago, but I know he is watching and is an Angel that sits on Andrew's shoulder everyday keeping him safe. Joining the Military I feel is an awesome and hard decision for alot of kids to make. My son went into the Army when he was 18, a very rebellious and fiesty boy. Andrew has come out of this experience as a very well mannered and unselfish man. Before joining it was all about him, now it's all about others, constantly worrying about me in particular. Every time I get to see him he changes, his attitude, his looks and his total makeup. When he left for basic alot of folks said he will never make it, the Army will break him down and send him home. Well for those doubters, he has made it and continues to do so. Never hesitates to say "I love you Mom", something that in the beginning was hard for him. Now when I get a call or see his sweet face, "Hey Mom, I love you are you hanging tuff for me?" It's hard letting go, but I can say I am one "Proud Army Mom". Go Army, Army, Strong!

good soldier..even better dad

Posted: 07 Apr 2014 07:15 AM PDT

hi Robin my name is SaMaria Prezzy & I want to salute my amazing husband Army Corporal Michael Prezzy .. we have been together since the 10th grade and now 4 years later we are married and have a wonderful 4 month old daughter Aubree ..currently we are stationed at Ft Drum NY ..I Just want to thank my husband because no matter how late or long my husband is at work being a 88M (army truck driver ) he always makes time to put me and Aubree first and he makes our day with his amazing smile !! we love and appreciate him soooo much !!!! Aubree is such a daddys girl already and we couldnt be happier !!