Monday, March 24, 2014

Taiwan's democratic crisis

Taiwan's democratic crisis

Taiwan's democratic crisis

Posted: 24 Mar 2014 12:09 AM PDT

March 23th the darkest day of Taiwan. The government give the order to evacuate students who occupied Executive Yuan with violent actions ,many students and civilians were hurt by police. The government ignored the petition of students ,even President Ma have not reply this action directly yet. This is the worst crisis of Taiwan during recent years.

Support the protest students in Taiwan

Posted: 23 Mar 2014 10:15 PM PDT

"Taiwan is not for sale!" We rallied in San Francisco to support the Taiwanese students who have barricaded themselves in the Legislative Yuan for the past five days opposing the "under the table" Cross-Strait Services Trade Agreement between Taiwan and China, that was declared passed without detailed, line-by-line review.

King Penguins, South Georgia Island

Posted: 23 Mar 2014 08:21 PM PDT

South Georgia Island isn't easy to get to, but the incredible views and wildlife make the effort to get there rewarding; well-known to many as the landing place of Shackleton's epic voyage in the James Caird, South Georgia Island was long home to whaling operations. The wildlife consists, on land, of mostly birds and seals. The penguins are largely unafraid of humans, so long as we keep our distance and don't move suddenly. They don't have land-based predators, so they are more curious than afraid. The baby king penguins are covered in fluffy brown down which is beautiful when it collects snow.

Batman Historian

Posted: 23 Mar 2014 03:47 PM PDT

I've been a lifelong Batman addict, ever since I can remember.  My first memories literallly are of watching reruns of the 1966 Adam West Batman television show before my afternoon naptime when I was three years old.    I grew up watching this show and the Superfriends cartoon and reruns of the Filmation Batman cartoon.  My toys were the Super Powers, which included Batman, Robin and a few of their key villains, along with many other Dc Comics characters.  When the 1989 Batman movie came out and Batmania was reborn, I was ten years old and the fire was relit again.  A few years later the Batman: The Animated Series cartoon solidified what would become a lifelong obsession with the Bat.

I made the move from Batman fan to Batman collector when I met the woman that would eventually become my wife, Holly, in 1997. We purchased my first two Batman action figures with money my grandmother had sent me for my birthday. The fire was sparked and I would haunt thrift stores, toy isles and the Warner Brothers Store for any and all things Batman. My collection quickly grew from one shelf to several bookcases and present day is in the several thousands of items. My collection, before I began to display it this year, filled an entire storage garage by itself.

In 2003 I took my Batman obsession to another level when I created the Batman website LegionsOfGotham.org. I was going online a lot looking for other Batman collectors and information about Batman toys and there was a distinct lack of websites covering this type of thing at the time. I created Legions of Gotham to unite collectors and fans and connect them with the industry making the toys, cartoons and movies, so that we could have a voice. I worked and continue to work tirelessly to create a full archive of the Batman toys that are out there, something that is an ongoing project. Fans send us pictures of new and old items every day to add to the archives. The website took off and eleven years later we have been responsible for hundreds of exclusives, such as the worldwide premiere look at Christian Bale in the Batman costume prior to Batman Begins, shaping Batman products and I myself have even been fortunate enough to be featured in a Batman comic book as the Joker's lawyer.

I'm currently still collecting and now working on a three book publishing deal with Opus books to create some really fun Batman books. I'm very excited to be able to contribute to the franchise that I love with some in-depth historical guides and non-fiction books.

Tumbleweeds and crazy weather

Posted: 23 Mar 2014 01:43 PM PDT

Tumbleweeds in the front of our house. Goodness me, it's nuts, it was also snowing. Colorado, you are crazy.

Courtesy @gryan630 on Instagram

Odessa: Pro-Russian demonstration

Posted: 23 Mar 2014 11:57 AM PDT

23/03/2014: Pro-Russian demonstrators marched through Odessa's streets.

Odessa: Pro-Russian Demonstration

Posted: 23 Mar 2014 11:46 AM PDT

23/03/2014: Somewhere between 3,000 to 5,000 Pro-Russian demonstrators marched through the streets of Odessa Sunday afternoon.