Sunday, March 30, 2014

Report: Koreas exchange fire during North's military exercises

Report: Koreas exchange fire during North's military exercises

Report: Koreas exchange fire during North's military exercises

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 10:20 PM PDT

A day after raising the possibility of further nuclear tests, North Korea has engaged in provocative live-fire exercises near the South Korean maritime border, leading to an exchange of fire between the two neighbors.

MH370: New object sightings fuel hopes as search resumes

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 06:37 PM PDT

New hope, more frustration.

Why do we make students sit still in class?

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 06:34 PM PDT

As a graduate student, I had the opportunity to observe a number of idyllic, progressive classrooms where students danced to the pencil sharpener or sprawled across beanbag chairs while completing their work. I read countless books and articles about research that supports physical activity as part of academic success. It made sense to me -- theoretically -- that children should be allowed to move their bodies. Asking them to do otherwise, I came to believe, could be detrimental to both the student and the teacher.

Suspect in Craigslist slaying tells reporter she killed in 3 other states

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 07:49 PM PDT

A 19-year-old woman charged with killing a Pennsylvania man she met through Craigslist has given a second jailhouse interview and provided specific details about other killings she claims to have committed.

Take a tour of the 'doomsday Disneyland'

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 12:13 PM PDT

Guardian Centers may be a place to practice how to respond to a disaster, but that doesn't mean real danger is nonexistent.

Does Obama really understand Putin?

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 07:09 AM PDT

I recall being an undergraduate in Russian Studies at Amherst College when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan in December 1979. I was flabbergasted when then-President Carter initially expressed surprise that Leonid Brezhnev and his cronies decided to undertake that ill-fated adventure. Just the little I knew of Soviet history at that time led me to conclude that one should never be naïve about Russia. Wisely, the Carter administration soon implemented a wide-ranging and powerful set of sanctions against the USSR.

3 steps to make a murderer confess

Posted: 28 Mar 2014 02:38 AM PDT

As a Miami-area homicide detective, Marshall Frank has met some really bad people.

Will Christians condemn persecution of gays?

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 09:03 PM PDT

Pope Francis sent shock waves around the globe last July when in addressing the issue of gays in the church, he opted not to remind his 1.6 billion followers about the fiery pits of hell but instead posed a question: "Who am I to judge?"