Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I'm a Pinterest mom by necessity

I'm a Pinterest mom by necessity

I'm a Pinterest mom by necessity

Posted: 26 Mar 2014 02:02 PM PDT

I get it. I get all the Pinterest jokes. I totally agree it is causing many of us already stressed-out moms to feel like we are in constant competition to throw the perfect birthday party, make the perfect school snack and take the perfect family photo.

5 lessons from Visionary Women

Posted: 26 Mar 2014 02:06 PM PDT

A Google Hangout with some of the CNN 10: Visionary Women tackled the theme: What's the future of women at work? Here are five takeaways.

Inside her 'Portlandia' home

Posted: 26 Mar 2014 01:59 PM PDT

What, were you expecting -- a McMansion? Punk rocker turned "Portlandia" star Carrie Brownstein shows off her endearingly twee Portland bungalow.

5 lessons from Visionary Women

Posted: 26 Mar 2014 01:37 PM PDT

A Google Hangout with five of the CNN 10: Visionary Women tackled the theme: What's the future of women at work?

'Conscious uncoupling' explained

Posted: 26 Mar 2014 11:03 AM PDT

When the latest Goop newsletter hit my inbox, bearing news that Gwyneth Paltrow is separating from her husband Chris Martin, I had a LOT of questions. And one of the very first ones to come out of my mouth was "What's 'Conscious Uncoupling'?" referring to the title of Paltrow's announcement. I assumed it was just a cute little header she made up to soften the blow—something to fit within her fancy lifestyle brand's aesthetic, sort of like the way that she calls her "best of" lists the "GP 13."

Meet the world's smartest kid

Posted: 26 Mar 2014 01:39 PM PDT

17-year-old Eric Chen's research has won top prize at the Google, Siemens, and Intel science fairs.

What Gwyneth Paltrow's 'conscious uncoupling' really means