Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bonnie and Clyde's guns go for anything but a steal at auction

Bonnie and Clyde's guns go for anything but a steal at auction

Bonnie and Clyde's guns go for anything but a steal at auction

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 07:23 PM PDT

The most prized possessions of Bonnie and Clyde, the notorious lovebird bandits killed nearly 80 years ago, were sold for a price that the couple could only imagine getting after one of their infamous bank jobs.

Campaigns dig in ahead of first presidential debate

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 02:57 PM PDT

While both campaigns have been lowering expectations ahead of Wednesday's first presidential debate, two of Mitt Romney's more notable surrogates raised the bar on Sunday, with one predicting Romney will turn the race "upside down."

'Carmageddon II' traffic nightmare fails to materialize in Los Angeles

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 07:32 PM PDT

Ten miles of the nation's busiest highway should reopen, on time, Monday morning after the latest phase in a massive project that led Southern California officials to dub it "Carmageddon II."

Election raises stakes for possible Supreme Court vacancies

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 02:36 PM PDT

Barack Obama and Mitt Romney wasted little time rushing to the cameras when the Supreme Court narrowly upheld the president's sweeping health care reform law.

U.S. misses full truth on China factory workers

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 05:30 PM PDT

A young woman leaves her farming village at age 16 to find work in a distant city. With three younger children at home, her parents can't afford to keep her in school.

Schwarzenegger admits habit of keeping secrets, including multiple affairs

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 07:14 PM PDT

Arnold Schwarzenegger said he dealt with his multiple affairs, like other big moments in his life, by denying them -- even, and at times especially from his wife.

U.S. stunned as Europe wins Ryder Cup

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 10:21 PM PDT

This was the miracle of Medinah.

My preventive mastectomy: Staying alive for my kids

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 07:21 AM PDT

I'm not a helicopter parent and my children would tell you I don't bake cupcakes for their birthday parties. But I'd readily cut off my breasts for them -- and recently, I did.

Rare albino whale puts on a show off Australian coast

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 08:09 AM PDT

It may seem straight out of Moby Dick, but a rare white whale is thrilling Australians off the eastern coast.