Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Leap Day After Payday

A Leap Day After Payday

A Leap Day After Payday

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 11:49 AM PST

Our payday falls every 28th of the month.  Just out of the blue, my colleague and I agreed to go out for a window shopping (only). Somehow we managed to control our spending so as to make the day a memorable one. I told her about this assignment and  challenged her to leap while we were waiting for the shops to open during prayer time. But, there's no way we could do that at any public area here.

So, just few minutes ago after I came home I tried to catch up with the leap day celebration.

Hope I'm not too late!!!

Shot by self timer in my room.

nací el 29 de febrero 2

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 11:10 AM PST

Foto de la sorpresa en el colegio a Pamela María Cordero

Leap Year 2012 is the best.

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 10:59 AM PST

When we (at Force Marketing) saw the CNN iReport assignment to leap for Leap Year, we couldn't resist taking part. Plus, who doesn't love a legitimate reason to jump around the office?

Harrisburg Medical Center Damage

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 10:18 AM PST

This is what's left of a patient room, taken from the inside corridor at around 0700 this morning. One of the two patient rooms that lost their southern walls.

Harrisburg Medical Center Damage

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 10:17 AM PST

Another view of the southern wall of the hospital. Taken at about 0830 central this morning.

TEDsnacks

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 09:40 AM PST

A bacon an chocolate booth is being set up this morning. Nom! Something tells me this will be a big hit in just a few short minutes!

Leaping in England

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 09:29 AM PST

As the sun sets in London on the extra free day on planet Earth, iReporter Alun Hill sets out to leap into the air - discarding his intended plan to leap off a ladder and Photoshop it out, despite temptations, as it was too wobbly.

Enjoy!

Harrisburg Medical Center Damage

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 09:29 AM PST

This is the south wall of Harrisburg Medical Center taken at about 9 am this morning as damage control was beginning.

Branson tornado

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 08:58 AM PST

Branson Mall parking lot

Branson tornado

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 08:28 AM PST

Andy Williams theatre

Branson tornado

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 08:27 AM PST

The old Bobby Vinton theatre

One me-a-Leaping

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 08:10 AM PST

Throwing vanity to the wind, I too Leap for Leap Year. :)

alleebeth 2012

Branson tornado

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 08:03 AM PST

Across the street where I live.  Branson mo

Santorum vs. Gingrich Rally

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 07:49 AM PST

Last Saturday (2/25/2012), I was able to attend Rick Santorum's speech in Hixon, Tennessee. Today (2/28/2012), I was able to attend Newt Gingrich's rally in Dalton, Georgia. What I want to write about is the stark difference in the appeal and speeches of these two candidates who are currently running for the Republican nomination. As I watched both of them speak, I came to this following conclusion: Rick Santorum appeals to the heart, and Newt Gingrich appeals to the mind. I watched as Rick spoke about family values and guarding life after conception. I also watched as Newt spoke about bold ideas he would implement as president and why and how they would work. It is no wonder why more people are being moved by Santorum than Newt. He speaks to a different part of people that encourages an emotional response. You might sit there and absolutely agree with everything Newt says, but when it comes to the heart of the vote, Rick Santorum wins.

CNN.com staffers take the leap day challenge!

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 07:33 AM PST

We couldn't help ourselves -- We had to get in on the fun too! We rounded up some CNN.com staffers and had our own little leap day celebration. Now it's your turn: Take a picture of yourself or your friends jumping in mid-air, and share it with iReport.

Special thanks to:
Germain Perez, Daphne Sashin, Lila King, Etan Horowitz, Katie Hawkins-Gaar, Christian Oliver, David Williams, Henry Hanks, Kitric Kerns, Christina Martin, Shawna Callebs, Supraja Seshdari, Simon Rushton, Sarah Springer, Topher Kohan, Umika Pidaparthy, Victor Hollingsworth, Michael Botelho, Callie Carmichael

Filmed and edited by Michael Saba. Music courtesy The Hood Internet.

Branson tornado. Home destroyed.

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 07:33 AM PST

Off of hwy 265 down Stormy Point Rd in Branson homes are destroyed.

Branson tornado.

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 07:31 AM PST

This is a picture off of my back porch of Table Rock Lake. Boat dock is destroyed

Hilton Hotel Branson tornado

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 07:27 AM PST

Down town Branson is the Hilton Hotel. Ruined from tornado.

Branson tornado

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 07:26 AM PST

Highway 265 in Branson mo. On table rock lake

Branson tornado

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 07:24 AM PST

Branson tornado. Branson was hit bad.

Branson Mo. Tornado

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 07:21 AM PST

Down Stormy Point Rd where I live in Branson

A leap on the Equator

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 06:44 AM PST

This photo was taken during a trip with my friends to Cotopaxi Volcano National Park, Ecuador.

leaping on my 8th

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 06:39 AM PST

this is me celebrating my 8th birthday today on leap day! Happy Birthday to all us Leap Year Babies :)

No Animals Were Harmed in the Shooting of this Leap Year Video

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 06:39 AM PST

There's a different car in the driveway every week. This perplexes the dogs. They always want to get a closer look. The Mitsubishi Outlander's two-section tail gate makes it (relatively) easy for Fido to hop in ... but sometimes that leap takes a few tries ...

Happy Leap Year from http://MPGomatic.com :)

SPC Arenas

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 06:34 AM PST

I normally don't do anything like this but, I would like to salute my husband SPC Luis Arenas serving the US Active Army currently stationed in Vilseck, Germany. He is a very wonderful, loving father and spouse. I am so very proud of him doing what he does because with out him I would be completely lost. He has always kept me strong in all my weak times. I would just like to tell him that I him and and that you are my knight in shining armor.

leaping for leapday

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 06:22 AM PST

jaden, high school jr, takes a leap for leapday

A Feline Leap

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 06:11 AM PST

My cat Sophie, does a high leap, with a little help from her mom. Sophie wasn't trained to do this leap. She was rescued at six weeks old from an animal shelter. She is now a year old. My husband and I decided on her name. For the love of the musical Mamma Mia. Sophie is a very lovable and a sweet kitty. And she loves her remote control car, which she gets to play with daily.

Giant Leap

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 05:35 AM PST

I recently started a levitation project and thought that I would do a leap day photo using my levitation technique. I executed about 5 of these kinds of shots and this is by far the highest I have 'levitated'. I named this image giant leap as this year has been quite a special one for me in terms of my photography moving in different directions.

Leap in Sand

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 05:34 AM PST

Reaching the top of the Dune in Oman desert deserve a Good leap.

Leaping for joy in Atlanta

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 05:17 AM PST

Happy Leap Day from Daphne and Jack!