Thursday, January 5, 2012

UNDECIDED 2012

UNDECIDED 2012

UNDECIDED 2012

Posted: 05 Jan 2012 07:10 AM PST

I find it just a bit ironic that the people who have already made their minds up that they don't want President Obama to win a second term in office because he is the worst human being to ever walk the surface of the planet can't seem to make their minds up about who should take his place. Just a thought but maybe if they spent a little more time researching the qualifications of those they have to choose from and actually looking at what Obama has done rather than believing everything they are told by the talking heads on Faux news or by blowhards like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck they might actually find that they can think for themselves and make a clear decision. Then again they don't really have very good choices this time around and hating the President because he' evil incarnate does seem a lot more fun than actually opening a book or looking something up on line. Make up your minds people and stick with it. Unless of course they promise you something shiny, play a more patriotic song or are covered with more flags than the other guy.

OCCUPY KINGS SQUARE 2

Posted: 05 Jan 2012 06:15 AM PST

More pictures

Nigerians protest the removal of fuel subsidy by the federal government in benin city,edo state,nige

Posted: 05 Jan 2012 06:01 AM PST

(No Description)

It's cold in Orlando fl

Posted: 05 Jan 2012 05:42 AM PST

My back yard

OCCUPY KINGS SQUARE

Posted: 05 Jan 2012 05:35 AM PST

As part of the on-going protest on the removal of oil subsidy in Nigeria,civil society and other groups came out en mass this morning around Oba Ovoramen square in Benin-city,Edo state to register their anger against government decision to remove the subsidy.Coaliation to save Nigeria (CSN) says that they will continue to come out until government listen to their demand,Okada (commercial motor cyclist)riders where on hand to entertain members of the public too.It was a very peaceful protest and amongst those who where there to register their anger are Dr.Ugbodaga(chairman NMA),Mr Kadiri(Vice chairman N.L.C Bnin chapter),Chima Williams (ERA),David Maduku(N.B.A PRO Benin chapter),Rev.David Ogoeor(ANEEJ),Comrade Idaevbor Bsllo(ASUU Ubiben chapter)

Posted: 05 Jan 2012 05:09 AM PST

Pictures by victor Iyamu,2348081027027 live in benin city,edo state,nigeria

Protests against Fuel Price Hike in Benin City, Nigeria

Posted: 05 Jan 2012 04:05 AM PST

Demonstrator's in Benin City, capital of Edo State, Nigeria, protesting against the removal of fuel subsidy in the country by President Goodluck Jonathan. Date & Time: 5th January 2012, 10:00am GMT +1. Obi Akwukwuma

Temblor en Santo Domingo

Posted: 05 Jan 2012 02:28 AM PST

Vecinos esperando las replicas del temblor. Fue un gran susto ya que todos los vecinos salimos a los parqueos de los edificios

Mt. Etna

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 10:52 PM PST

Mt. Etna blowing off steam from the fresh early winter powder.  Etna wakes up,

MT Etna.

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 10:40 PM PST

Mt. Etna is waking up on the wrong side of the bed.

Time to Take Control

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 08:32 PM PST

My name is Jeff, i'm 38 years old, I live in Atlanta, Georgia and I'd like to be part of your triathlon.

I've had a interesting 18 months with alot of personal challenges, and during much of this time, I felt very out of control. I was waiting on other people, i was dealing with personal issues I didn't even know I had, and I'm kind of a control freak so that bothered me alot. I didnt like being out of control.

At some point during that process I realized that one of the only things that any of us can control in our lives is our bodies - what we put in them, and how we take care of them. No matter what's going on in our lives - if we're dealing with personal issues, if we're struggling at work, if we don't have a job, if our house is in disrepair - no matter what else is going on, you can always control what you put into your body and how you take care of it!

I was shocked! I shocked myself that for me being such a control freak, that I didnt take care of my body.

So, I need help. and I think you and I could be a good partnership. I think I would do a great job documenting my journey for your viewers on CNN and also on CNN.com, and I think you could provide me with the motivation and the education to take control of this part of my life where I've been so out of control.

So I hope you will consider me to be part of the 6-pack in 2012. It would be an honor and a privelege to join your team.

I will warn you -- you're going to have a bit of a challenge finding a bicycle helmet to fit my head, because it's enormous! You take that challenge, and I'll take your challenge to complete the triathlon in Malibu in September.

Landslide hits small-scale mining area in Pantukan, 25 bodies retrieved so far

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 07:09 PM PST

By Ben O. Tesiorna

PANTUKAN -- A landslide hit a small-scale mining area in Pantukan early morning Thursday. About twenty-five people were reported to have died while several others were believed still buried inside the more than 50 houses that were covered by the landslide.

Initial report from the military showed that the landslide struck around three in the morning of January 5, 2012 in Diat 1, Barangay Napnapan.

Compostela Valley Governor Arturo Uy said that more than 100 people are believed to be still buried under tons of earth.

Lt. Gen. Arthur Tabaquero meanwhile asked the assistance of the mining firm Pantukan Gold and Copper Project (PGCP) in the search and rescue operation. PGCP have heavy equipments that can be useful in unearthing debris in the landslide area.

Last year, April 22, a landslide also struck a nearby small-scale mining area in Panganason killing 14 people with many more believed to be still buried under.

As a result, the government declared small-sclae mining areas in Pantukan as a "no habitation area", among them is the site of Thursday's landslide.

Gov. Uy confirmed that the area was supposed to be a no-habitation area.

"Pero dahil sa layo ng lugar ay nahihirapan ang ating loval government in monitoring the area. So baka nung gumanda na ulit yung panahon dun ay nagsibalikan na din yung mga nakatira dun," Uy said.

RESCUE AIDE

Mining firm Pantukan Gold and Copper Project is meanwhile sending ambulance and a  rescue helicopter to the landslide area in Pantukan Thursday after  authorities requested assistance in the search and rescue and retrieval  operation.

Mae Puyat, PGCP media coordinator, said an ambulance  is sent to the landslide area in Diat 1, Barangay Napnapan while the  company's rescue helicopter is on standby in the nearby area ready to  transport anyone who needs immediate medical attention.

In the April 2011 landslide, PGCP also  mobilized its heavy equipments in the search and rescue and clearing  operation in Barangay Panganason where 14 small-scale miners died. BOT

NOTE: PICTURES SHOWN ARE FILE PHOTOS OF THE APRIL 2011 LANDSLIDE THAT STRUCK PANTUKAN

Quadrantid Meteor Shower

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 12:55 PM PST

In early hours of 4th of January 2012, the northern hemisphere has been treated to an amazing Meteor shower show. We have handful over the year, and for the keen space watchers, New year is started with Quadrantid Meteor shower in early January.

Quadrantid Meteor Shower got its name after Quadrans Muralis (now non existent star constellation). Quadrantids are parts of disintegrated comet or an asteroid that broke down several centuries ago and are now orbiting the sun.

Despite the elemements (cold and very strong winds), the show has been truly amazing. I have seen around 100 meteors in just over 4 hours, charging across the sky and feeling sheer excitement with every single one of them.

I have watched it in Avebury, Wiltshire and the picture has been created by merging shots that had meteors in them, while I tried to rotate them using Ursa Major as a refference point, to allow for Earth movement and make the show true to the start constelations.

Cairo protest

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 11:28 AM PST

Downtown Cairo at 9:00 pm, January 4, 2012.

Protests continue in the downtown sector of the city.

OIL SUBSIDY REMOVAL

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 06:35 AM PST

The goverment of Nigeria has removed oil subsidy but the masses are not too comfortable with the immedate pains that comes with it,the people are protesting the removal.This peaceful protesters where around ring road in Benin-city,Edo state this morning and they do not look like they are ready to move grounds on the issue,they want government to put some things in place before removing the subsidy.What is your take on this issue?

The Beautiful Shanty Shacks of the Dominican Republic

Posted: 03 Jan 2012 08:50 PM PST

The Dominican Republic is a nation on the island of La Hispaniola, in the Caribbean region. The western third of the island is occupied by the nation of Haiti, making Hispaniola one of two Caribbean islands that are shared by two countries.

The Haitian section of Hispaniola is among the poorest of nations in the Western Hemisphere. As a result there is a tremendous amount of illegal immigration into the Dominican Republic. Many of these immigrants have, over the years settled into a rural agrarian life. The Haitian immigrants build and paint these uniquely colourful "shanty shacks" out of local palm tree wood. The people are very poor which makes it all the more unique to see these homes kept up with, if nothing else, beautiful shades of very colourful paint.

Produced by Percy von Lipinski
Original Music composed and Scored by Percy von Lipinski

I-Report on the Iowa Caucus

Posted: 03 Jan 2012 03:39 PM PST

Who will win the presidential primary?, my view on who will win and why.

Twitter: @antoniomodesto