Monday, December 12, 2011

A Christmas Salute for my Hero

A Christmas Salute for my Hero

A Christmas Salute for my Hero

Posted: 12 Dec 2011 08:37 AM PST

I would like to give a christmas salute to my husband, Spc Adam Kellogg, the most wonderful man in my life. He's on his 2nd tour in Iraq and I am very much looking forward for his homecoming before the holidays. He's gonna be the best Christmas gift I could ever have and I couldn't ask for anything more. He is a wonderful son to his parents, a great brother to his siblings and an amazing husband to me. I love you very much my love. I'll see you soon!

Occupy United Nations in SL

Posted: 12 Dec 2011 04:56 AM PST

Occupy United Nations took place on UN Human Rights Day, the final day of the 16 Days Against Gender Violence campaign in Real Life and Second Life. We marched to the UN in solidarity with Stand4Freedom.org, an NAACP movement supporting voter rights for US Citizens. Say What?

Voting Rights are being systematically stripped away by State Legislatures passing racist laws, a new form of Poll Taxes. See http://www.ALECExposed.org/ In fact, half of people of color have already lost their voting rights in Wisconsin USA, and before long ALEC bills will disenfranchise one quarter of people of color of voting age in the United States. This is a moral and racist crime.

Why? Because these are some of the people who overwhelmingly elected Barak Obama in 2008. The union busting state legislatures want the 2012 electorate to look like 2010, when corporate-bought politicians were swept in legislative majorities through false advertising and propaganda. Union busting slavery is not what we the people wanted, and we soundly defeated their evil law in Ohio with a whole lot of 99% Occupy power. http://tiny.cc/c20sd Soon, the Governor of Wisconsin will be recalled in similar fashion. For good reason.

What the heck is going on in these United States? Two words: Citizens United. http://tiny.cc/g01ad A coup-de-tat. Regulatory capture gone wild. Are we going to let those super-greedy criminals get away with this? Where is justice?

You can learn a lot of interesting things on http://whoarethe1percent.com/ Such as: Jamie Dimon is an organized crime kingpin who runs JP Morgan Chase. Lloyd Blankfein is a compulsive fraudster, head of the Goldman Sachs crime empire who have thrown millions of people out of their homes. Joseph Cassano at AIG led the team that systematically destroyed the world economy in 2008. Charles and David Koch are some of the top 10 polluters in the US. We know the Koch brothers and their ilk are behind ALEC, as revealed in Wisconsin politics. Why aren't these people in jail? Instead of Gestapo Police Riots in Los Angeles against peaceful protesters?

Santas Mob NYC

Posted: 12 Dec 2011 04:38 AM PST

The New York City subway system is a crowded place.
So is Grand Central Station, the landmark commuter hub located in the center of Manhattan.
This past weekend both were mobbed by thousands of red clad Santas- all taking part in the now annual Santa Con 2011.
Twittering their meeting points throughout the city, they used the subways to converge in the grand meeting at
Grand Central.
Photos taken Saturday, 12/10/11 around Manhattan, Brooklyn and Grand Central.

For the mob view go to http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-715842

For the  intimate view go to http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-715683

CNN INTERNATIONAL TATTOO

Posted: 12 Dec 2011 02:12 AM PST

Upon our way to Legaspi airport to catch our flight, we see this guy named Carlos in the market place of Legaspi City. His body is full of tattoo of his fave TV channels and program.

CNN International is tattooed on his face and on the other side is a local TV station.

"Indigenas celebran a la Virgen de Guadalupe" -- Indigenous sing to Our Lady of Guadalupe by: @gusmx

Posted: 12 Dec 2011 12:17 AM PST

It was an "indigenous" Chosen to carry the message of Our Lady of Guadalupe to the world.

Indigenous Municipality of "San Juan Chamula" fall on their knees to the church of Guadalupe to join the festivities of December 12, the day which commemorates the apparition of the Virgin Guadalupe to Juan Diego on the hill of Tepecyac,

dialect and sang in Spanish.

---------------------------------------------------------

Fue un "Indigena" Elegido para llevar el mensaje de la Virgen de Guadalupe al mundo.

Indigenas del Municipio de "San Juan Chamula" entran de rodillas a la iglesia de Guadalupe para unirse a los festejos del 12 de diciembre, dia donde se conmemora la aparicion de la Virgen Guadalupana a Juan Diego en el cerro del Tepecyac,

cantaron en dialecto y espaƱol.

The Chicago Skyline

Posted: 11 Dec 2011 08:06 PM PST

I was just in Chicago this past weekend, I always enjoy the city while I'm there and when I leave I find myself trying to already plan my return visit. These are some photos I have captured over the past year on my many visits. As a lot of my photography I like to venture around at night.

www.johnmcgrawphotography.com

New Daddy Hero!

Posted: 11 Dec 2011 01:16 PM PST

I would like to salute my husband, best friend, and new father, Captain Matthew Dineen of the          United States Marine Corps.  Matthew deployed to Afghanistan in July 2011 and our son, Colin,            was born September 14th, 2011.  Matt, although on the other side of the world, has been there         every step of the way and has always kept us smiling.  This is why he truly is OUR HERO!  Matt                is scheduled to return home in February 2012 and Colin can't wait to meet him!  We love you!

Happy Holidays to ALL the men and women serving our country!

2011 Lunar Eclipse

Posted: 11 Dec 2011 10:36 AM PST

Images taken Sat Dec.10th of the 2011 Lunar Eclipse
6:30 am in Carbondale, CO
Photos by Shannon Szczekot Chase

Still blue water

Posted: 11 Dec 2011 09:16 AM PST

This photograph was shot at Pangong Tso, a salt water lake situated at a height of about 14,270 ft. in Ladakh, India. What I find special is that during winter, the lake freezes completely, despite having saline water.

Passion in Action: Occupy D.C. Kitchen ~Freedom Plaza

Posted: 11 Dec 2011 08:42 AM PST

I'm sorry this video cuts off Tom's head. He is a great example of a dedicated activist in the Occupy movement. I took this video two weeks ago when I camped out at Freedom Plaza in DC. I was impressed with the kitchen set up and the food. Talk about gourmet! They served salmon, beef, veggies and more. It was incredible.

Tom is a true representation of passion in action. He is leading by example and the results are evident around Freedom Plaza.

There is a big event planned for March 30th in DC for the kick-off to American Spring. Come join us!

Thanks for watching!

I knew the Cambridge killer

Posted: 11 Dec 2011 05:15 AM PST

The triple homicide and eventual suicide in Cambridge, my place of birth, really is hitting hard for me. What makes the situation even more tragic for me is that I actually knew the killer.

Occupy Boston Gathers Post Raid

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 09:59 PM PST

Occupy Boston protestors gathered in the Boston Common for a peaceful assembly after being removed from Dewey Square by Boston PD earlier this morning.

Republican Debate: Back to un-substantive, clichés and rhetoric

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 08:11 PM PST

The GOP debate on ABC was in fact a waste of time. It was so un-substantive that the likely headline will be a $10,000 bet that Romney tried to make with Perry. He threw that figure out like it was a dollar bill. The insensitivity of such an amount in hard times in a national debate shows these guys are out of touch.

Of course with Gingrich not realizing that he puts Americans in danger when a potential Presidential candidate calls any group an invented people, it should be a disqualification for the office.

My Book Follow Me Visit Me

Occupy Wall Street|Dag Hammarskjold Plaza

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 08:01 PM PST

NAACP-sponsored Stand for Freedom Rally at
Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, New York City

With the United Nations towering off to the side, movement leaders and elected officials rang the battle cry against the Koch brothers proposal to disenfranchize American young, poor, and elderly alike.

We were reminded that blood was shed for the right to vote and we will not relinquish it at this stage of our social development. We will not be divided, shouted Sharpton; we will fight together as one, warned Senator Schumer.

Total Lunar Eclipse

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 04:26 PM PST

I traveled out to Santa Cruz with my friend Davey. We stayed from 4:30 am to 7 am and captured landscape and composite images of the Lunar Eclipse. Fight of the cold with our numb fingers we were left with this image of the Eclipse.

Lunar Eclipse

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 04:16 PM PST

I put these photo's together of the Dec. 10, 2011 Lunar Eclipse. I woke up early and stayed outside for about 2 hours. I used a Canon Powershot camera on a tripod, nothing fancy. Just after the last photo was taken the clouds rolled in, so I lucked out. Good 'ole Puget Sound.

Lunar Eclipse over Los Angeles

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 03:56 PM PST

Time lapse video of the Lunar Eclipse over the Los Angeles area.

Lunar Eclipse over Bangkok, Thailand

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 03:56 PM PST

The Moon and Jupiter rising over Bangkok, Thailand during the Total Lunar Eclipse of December 10, 2011.

This is a composite of 104 2-minute photos taken over 3-1/2 hours with a Canon 5DII + 16-35L at 16mm.

Lunar eclipse - west coast view

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 03:51 PM PST

I had a great view out my back window in the Santa Cruz CA area. Started shooting at 4:30am. Here are a series of images from then until about 6:30am.